Thursday, November 09, 2006

Housekeeping (And Staying Alive).

So I’ve been doing some thinking while resting up after the last project, and I’ve decided to change a couple things about this blog.

First, I’m not going to be posting public-domain short stories on this blog anymore. They interrupt what the blog is about, which is me, and what I think about stuff. Which doesn’t mean I’ve given up on them; I’m looking into establishing actual webspace for that. (And not Project Gutenberg, either; presentation is just as important as availability.)

Second, after reading an essay in the New York Times Book Review last week, I’ve decided to use more Google-friendly titles for my posts, especially for large projects like the Sixties Song one. (And there will be more. I’ve already started vaguely sketching out an 80s list; and even more vaguely, a 90s one.) So less preciousness in titles and more “this is what I’m talking about” directness; big whoop.

Finally, the blog address may move. If and when it does, rest assured I’ll let you know; and don’t worry, I’ll import all the previous content over. I’m far too in love with my own writing not to do that.

No comments: